Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Meet Lefty


He was my baby turtle. I mean, not my baby turtle, but I paid 10 Q to set him free. It was kind of a race on the beach in Monterrico--there was a rumor of a T-shirt prize for the first turtle to the water, which must have been a lie because after about 6 meters you couldn´t really tell whose turtle you were rooting for.
I named him Lefty because it kind of sounded like a fast and crafty kind of turtle. And because in the song ¨Pancho and Lefty,¨ Lefty is the one who survives. In the end, he was neither fast nor particularly crafty but he did tend to swerve to the left.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Yeah, he made it. I think he needed a little help from one of the official turtle keepers, but I am always a sucker for an underdog, so I am betting he wasn´t some tuna´s dinner...